Ghosts From The Past


In all probability, mathematically speaking, of course, I have lived the majority of my expected life, even if I make it to 106 years of age like my maternal grandmother. Memories become an important facet of one's life, they provide the waypoints upon which you can reconstruct the more noteworthy fragments of your life. Some of these remembrances can be extremely painful, others bring you much-needed joy at a time when you need it the most.

As a writer, especially when your life purpose is centred on disseminating whatever you have experienced for the entertainment of others, memories are my stock in trade.

This blog will draw upon these fading imprints in the coming days and weeks, topped up by my travels to far distant places. Some of these memories will be stacked up and compared with places that I lived in over 50 years ago: others will merely provide colour and depth to the ongoing narrative.

However, we should always hold to the simple truth that our knowledge of life, in its full spectrum of emotional colour, is to be valued. Your memories are a treasure trove: a timely haunting by a particular memory can be both a lesson and a signpost to something unfolding in your current experience.



I hope that you will join me as my chronicles unfold. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Life Choices

Life is never predictable, it is meant to be this way

Life Connections