Debunking A Myth: Spirituality As A Quest

My name is Christopher Luke and I am a Spiritual Nomad. These are the famous words that start any Alcoholics Anonymous session so I guess that I am confessing to an addiction.

Spirituality, an addiction? Yes, for some it is.

I have been quiet these last few days after a very active period when I was writing constantly and building my nascent web pages. Life Explorer on Facebook and the Intuitively web pages as I continue to build a web presence.


I have an addiction to results and that is my problem. I mean did the Buddha set targets for himself when he went out into the world to teach people his understanding of life?Buddhism did not exist at that point as it was only through his inspiration that adepts and followers took his philosophy and started to spread the word as represented by his enlightenment.

I have come to my current position in life through challenging the words 'Who Am I?'. I need to know what purpose lies behind my living this life and what I am here to achieve.

This is a very Western paradox as we are brought up to believe that we can change our life through effort, commitment and the pursuit of material advancement. You can imagine my utter surprise when my beliefs were equally challenged during my time in India and Thailand.

If you have never experienced the fatalistic approach to Life then it will be a challenge, maybe even an obstacle. Simply, a strong foundation in the workings of Fate and Karma will equip you to comprehend the flows of Fate in your life. In Asia, this is understood as being fundamental to your Life journey and therefore to your spiritual development.

You see, my friend, there are some things that you cannot change as these are the challenges that you were born to deal with, to understand and to ultimately master. As a result, your spiritual progression will assume a different hue as your next life challenge comes into play.

I am often asked - how do you know if you are on a spiritual journey or how do I recognise what needs to be done to start my spiritual quest?

The simple answer is - we are all on a spiritual journey whether we accept that we have a spiritual dimension or not.

For 55 years, I lived my life in a dark room, constructed out of my limited thinking. My beliefs were all based in matters material and that is far as my imagination took me. It will be no surprise, therefore, that I saw my prime life challenge as one based on the acquisition of power and material wealth and this explanation fits my life progression.

However, I can only see this looking backward over the events of my life.

In 2006 my life was changed fundamentally by events outside of my ability to control. 

Everything that I held dear about my life was swept away in my belief that I could save the life of the one that I loved the most from her incurable cancer. In my feeble attempts to deny the impossible, I found the improbable - for me that is.

This is how it is for the majority of people. We are too busy living our lives that we barely have time to look up and see what is happening around us. The signs that we are not living the life that we dreamed of before we incarnated will be given to you and - sometimes - this 'correction' can come in dramatic and life changing ways.

In my case, there was always a nagging feeling that I should be doing something else with my talents (nothing I ever achieved materially was enough for me) accompanied by a dark premonition of complete change at some stage in my future.

In 2013, I feel that I have completed my education as the events and synchronicities of the last 5 years have played out.

I now understand that any human life is merely that of a soul seeking knowledge and understanding through the challenges that we meet in living.

Death is merely the doorway to another segment of your soul's eternal progression.

As a consequence, Enlightenment is a state of being where you come to understand just that.

It took me 60 years to reach this point of life understanding. I believe that this was deliberate as the events of my life have equipped me to reach that understanding. I have had to battle through the dark times to reach the light and, in so doing, complete my learning cycle.

My experience is the basis of what I want to teach in the Who Am I Life Explorer Workshops, starting in Bangkok and soon available in major cities across Asia.

Christopher Luke




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Personal Journey

Life is never predictable, it is meant to be this way

Making Life Choices