Synchronicity as A Guide Post

Inspiration From Strange Places. Have you ever wondered when an answer to a problem in your life comes from an unexpected place?
Where did that solution come from?
Meeting a person, a long lost friend, following up a hunch, getting a 'strange' email that when followed up provides a solution …  Perhaps, it was merely an insight into what is required to resolve a difficulty or, maybe, you received the full blown solution, there and then. A miracle.

Sitting here this morning looking to the heavens for divine inspiration, on this most glorious of summer mornings here in Cambridgeshire, I thought 'Lets play some music!' Reaching over for my iPod, I felt that perhaps, I should just put it onto random and see where it took me. After all, I have over 6,500 tracks on the device there must be some latitude for synchronicity to play.
For those of you who have been following my story, I have been severely challenged in the last few years both spiritually and materially. I have suffered a death of 'self', ego, material possessions and beliefs. My most trusted companion in life, my wife Rosemary, passed in late 2006. Alone, but in search of answers, I have ventured out across the world seeking what it is that I should do with what remains of my life.
Right to this point, this very minute.
I have devised my Life Explorer Workshops in the hope that I can pass onto other souls that the answers they seek are there to be found if you really wish to seek them out. My role in life is not to preach but to teach. To allow others to come into their own personal enlightenment, knowing that their own future – a future that is based on their life purpose – is within reach.
If that is what they truly want.
Life purpose, I hear you say to yourself. 'Ah yes' what is all that about?
During my travels, my view of this existence has been honed and refined in the melting pot of my life of the last 5 years. Much has been taken away. I guess 'I' must have decided that I no longer needed these things. This readjustment has been extreme but now a large vacuum has been created and into it I have poured the lessons of my recent life.
The Christopher Luke of 2006 has gone and is now replaced by a grumpy old man, but a man who is only grumpy because I know what it is that I have to do next and I feel frustrated that I am seemingly incapable of taking the next step forward.  

The Christopher Luke of 2011 sees his world in very different terms but is still a 'work in progress.'
I have just written those words 'the next step forward' and with that Karsh Kale plays One Step Beyond but then you had forgotten that my iPod was playing, hadn't you? This magical gadget gives me so many different messages and spiritual confirmations from beyond the Veil that I am no longer amazed. In fact, this thread started off with the Posies 'I Guess You're Right' when I mumbled out loud that my book – my famous unwritten book – will never get written if I do not set to and finish it off!
The track after that merely confirmed that my work is in writing the book and making a success of the workshops as Habib Koite and Bamada bashed out their fabulous west African track 'Your Work'.
I just love Senegalese drum music and reminds me of my life in The Gambia in 2007 when I learned so much about the true generosity of my fellow human beings as I lived in a township with my black girlfriend.
She was someone who was very ill when we met and I helped her rediscover her zest for life. We decided to share a life together for a while and that taught me a great deal about a very different way of living. About how you can have fun without getting drunk (she was Muslim and did not drink alcohol), about the value of community and strength in friendships.
Many of the things that I was not accustomed to in my western life.
Habib Koite has returned (remember my iPod is set to random play) to remind me that my life of the last 5 years has been 'My Work' and, as I have travelled the world from the UK through Africa and India to Thailand, that my role has been to assist people with moving on with their lives.
This morning I started out by asking the question:
Have you ever wondered when an answer to a problem in your life comes from an unexpected place?
I am a seeker of the truth behind my own life. In simply making myself open, asking what I wanted to know, I have now been given the answer from my Guides and Guardians.
The danger is that you can become preoccupied with interpreting everything as a sign or a portent. However, if you cultivate discernment and through training your intuition (that invaluable link to your Higher Self) then you can easily build a guidance system for your life which will aid you in making more fully informed decisions about the key events in your life.
Learning how to trust and believe in what you are given every day or when you meet an obstacle in your life, acceptance of the help that is being given will transform how you see your world and your place in it.
Just a thought I would like to share with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Life Choices

My Personal Journey

Life is never predictable, it is meant to be this way